Every young man and even woman of India has had a dream of joining the prestigious Indian army,
1. Provision of conscription
This means that every adult who is above 18 years of age have to serve in the army for a minimum of two years. This doctrine exists in almost all the country’s, even in India. But as we have a great number of patriotic volunteers this has never been put under the act.
2. Training foreign personal
American green berets trained with the Indian army to understand high altitude warfare before taking up posts in Afghanistan.
3. The highest number of volunteers to the UN peacekeeping missions is contributed by the Indian army.
4. Cadets from over 26 countries receive training at the National Defense Academy (NDA)
5. India has soldiers posted at the highest battlefield in the world – the Siachen Glacier, at 5600 meters above mean sea level.
6. Under a secret operation, India tested nuclear arsenal in the early 1970’s and late 1990’s without the knowledge of the CIA
7. The army is not biased in any way. There are no provisions for reservation based on caste or religion.
8. The Operation Rahat (2013) was one of the biggest civilization rescue operations ever carried out in history of mankind
The rescue mission carried out by the Indian army during the catastrophic Uttarakhand floods is unparalleled in its kind.
9. The Indian army consists of a horse cavalry regiment, one of the last three remaining in the world
10. India is the third largest military regiment contingent next to USA and China.