President Maithripala Sirisena instructed the officials to complete the Polonnaruwa District Development Project within next five years. The Project was implemented to provide benefits of development for the people in Pulatisipura who were neglected for so many years.
He made these observations participating in the Polonnaruwa District Development Committee meeting at the Presidential Secretariat yesterday (July 13).
President Sirisena further said that during the first two years of the project special attention should be drawn to develop the facilities such as education, health and drinking water.
“The relevant officers should also draw attention to develop rural schools and the priority must be given to develop the education of seven selected schools from the seven Divisional Secretariats in Polonnaruwa District,” the President added.
Latest from CCP User
- Army rejects UN charges against Lt. Col. Amunupure; but says comply written requests
- DIG Nalaka Silva to appear before CID for third time today
- Elections should be held when they are due, not delayed: German Ambassador
- Four ministers with RAW links will be exposed: Amaraweera
- Inmates launch protest at Agunukolapelessa Prison