President Maithripala Sirisena who is on a two day state visit to Seychelles directed the relevant sections in Sri Lanka to provide urgent relief to people affected by the recent heavy rains.
The President also telephoned Disaster Management Minister Duminda Dissanayake and told him not to consider funding an issue in providing relief to people affected by the disaster situation.
President Sirisena has directed the Minister to implement the relief and welfare programme continuously and provide dry rations, drinking water and health facilities systematically to the affected people. Meanwhile, President Sirisena instructed the Chief of Defence Staff Admiral Ravindra Wijegoonaratne to obtain Armed Forces assistance to rescue people marooned by the flood situation.
Expressing his sympathies to all the people affected by the inclement weather conditions, the President has also conveyed his condolences to the bereaved families who lost their kith and kin due to the inclement weather conditions.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship