Showers or thundershowers will occur in the Northern, Eastern, North-central, Uva and Central provinces and in the Galle, Matara Kaluthara and Kurunagala districts after 2 pm. Heavy falls of about 100 mm can be expected at some places, according to the Meteorological Department.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at several places in Sabaragamuwa province. Several spells of light showers will occur in Coastal areas of the Western and North-western provinces in the morning.
There may be temporary localized strong winds during thundershowers. Meteorological Department requests the general public to take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by lightning activity.
Showers or thundershowers will occur at several places in the sea areas extending from Puttalam to Matara via Colombo and Galle.
Showers or thundershowers may occur at few places in the sea areas extending from Batticaloa to Mulaithivu via Trincomalee in the evening or night.
Winds will be south-westerly in direction in the sea area around the island. Wind speed will be 20-30 kmph.
The sea area extending from Hambantota to Batticaloa via Pottuvil can be fairly rough at times as the wind speed can increase up to 40-45 kmph.
Temporarily strong gusty winds and rough seas can be expected during thundershowers.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship