The Permanent High Court at Bar has decided to hold daily hearings from October 29 on the case filed against the former President’s Chief of Staff Gamini Senarath and three others.
Senarath, a former Chairman of Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation, and its Managing Director Piyadasa Kudabalage were the first to be indicted before the newly set up Permanent High Court at Bar.
They face charges of misappropriation of Rs 500 million in funds belonging to Litro Gas Lanka by investing in ventures including the Grand Hyatt hotel project.
Mr. Senarath was the chief of staff of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship