The Government will reveal the fuel pricing formula to the public shortly, Deputy Minister of Finance and Mass Media Lasantha Alagiyawanna told Ceylon Today, yesterday (14).
He was speaking on the sidelines of a press briefing given by President Maithripala Sirisena in Colombo.
The President earlier said that ever since the pricing formula was introduced, fuel prices have been rising. This has caused hardship to the public and particularly the operators of public transport, he said.
He said, the Government had discussed whether to continue......with the formula or change the policy.
The President said the Government hopes to bring in measures in the upcoming Budget to help people overcome difficulties caused by fuel price hikes.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship