President Maithripala Sirisena has appointed Minister of Ports and Shipping Mahinda Samarasinghe as his representative to the Constitutional Council.
The President has named Minister Samarasinghe as the term of his previous representative, Minister of Mega polis and western development Patali Champika Ranawaka, ended on September 05.
Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka was the UNP representative of the Constitutional Council but without considering this fact , the President has appointed an SLFP Minister informed sources said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship