The Party Leaders of Parliament have proposed to schedule the presentation of ‘Budget-2019’ on November 8.
The Party Leaders who met in Parliament yesterday discussed the tentative schedule for the Budget debate. It has been proposed to take up the debate from November 8 to December 8.
However, the dates had not been finalised as two more days were to be added to the debate. “Usually, the budget debate continues for 26 allotted days and the proposed period only includes 24 allotted days. We have to add two more days either to the beginning or the end. This is yet to be decided,” a member who took part in the meeting told the Daily News.
The Appropriation Bill (Budget) will be presented in Parliament for the First Reading in the first week of October. The Finance and Mass Media Ministry is now consulting the opinions and proposals of various stakeholders to prepare the Budget for the next year.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy