There was no misuse of government property or public funds for MP Chatura Senaratne’s wedding and MP Senaratne had already paid Rs. 2.1 million for hiring the hall adjoining Temple Trees, Public Administration and Management and Law and Order Deputy Minister Nalin Bandara said yesterday.
If anyone needed this hall, an advance could be paid to book the hall,” he added. The hall has earlier been hired for various functions even though this was the first wedding.
Addressing the media at Sirikotha yesterday, the Deputy Minister said that Prime Minister is using Temple Trees only as his office and he spends his nights in his own home at Cambridge Terrace.
During the previous regime, Temple Trees had been a centre for thugs and there were many ‘secret’ rooms. Many of those who shout for the JO now, including several union leaders, have been assaulted in the ‘black’ rooms in Temple Trees during the former regime, he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Sri Lanka’s inflation declines slightly despite non food price hike
- Sri Lankan commercial banks restrict foreign currency borrowings
- Tea Board provides financial assistance for Ceylon tea promotion
- Muslim-American Women Seek to Represent Changing Face of US in Congress
- Italy migrant crisis: Government passes tough bill