The results of 2018 Advanced Level Examination could be delayed due to a shortage of teachers to serve at answer script evaluation supervisory board, the Chairman of the All Ceylon United Teachers Union (ACUTU) Ven. Yalwela Pagnasekera Thera said.
“This year there are only eight teachers in each supervisory board, where 14 teachers are necessary for each board,” he said.
“Lower payments paid to teachers on the supervisory boards, failure to inform in advance about holding the boards on regional basis and dejection among teachers have resulted in the fewer number of teachers,” he said.
The holding of Supervisory Boards in the outstations began this year.
Meanwhile, JO Parliamentarian Sisira Jayakody had lodged a complaint with Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, on the shortage, it is learnt.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy