The Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) which was incurring heavy losses for many years, had earned a profit of Rs. 1,618 million last year, for the first time in its history.
Transport and Civil Aviation Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva addressing a media briefing held in Colombo yesterday said the government has managed to convert a loss making institution into a profitable one following prudent fiscal policies.
“We plan to pay a Rs.10,000 bonus to each SLTB employer this December,” he added. “Now, the SLTB is capable of paying the salaries, EPF, ETF and Gratuity to its employees without delay.”
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance