The Mass Media and Finance Ministry has extended the deadline for accepting applications for the Presidential Media Awards 2018, till August 31.
The first-ever Presidential Media Awards will be held on December 19. The details and applications can be obtained from www.media.gov.lk and www.pma.gov.lk websites.
The Finance and Mass Media Ministry decided to annually conduct the Presidential Media Awards in appreciation of the efforts of journalists to establish an excellent media culture in the country and to evaluate their qualitative contribution therein. Awards will be given under three categories - print, electronic and web.
Articles and reports published or broadcast or telecast for the first time in newspapers, radio, television and websites from January 1, 2017, to December 31, 2017, will be considered for the awards. Repeated programmes will not be considered.
A total of 54 awards will be presented to outstanding journalists working in all three languages. The awards covering a variety of categories will be decided upon by independent and impartial panels of judges.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy