SAITM students who are to be absorbed to the Kotelawela Defence University (KDU) have been asked to pay Rs 1.3 million per year, JVP MP Dr Nalinda Jayatissa said.
He pointed out this was unfair as these students had been paying money to SAITM for many years. He made this comment while moving a private member’s motion in Parliament yesterday.
“When we passed the legislation to give effect to the transfer of the SAITM students, there was no mentioning of payment of money to the KDU. The transfers must be done free of charge,” he said.
UNP MP Prof. Ashu Marasinghe joining in the same debate said even the students who received free scholarships from the SAITM have been asked to pay money when transferred to the KDU.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance