The Government Medical Officer’s Association (GMOA) will strike from this morning, GMOA Secretary Dr. Haritha Aluthge said.
He said that only an intervention from the President can stop the strike or it will continue for the next 24 hours.
Dr. Aluthge said all Out Patient Departments (OPD) and clinics will not function. All surgeries which are not urgent and scheduled long ago will not be performed. All activities which are not emergencies will be halted inside wards. All activities inside Emergency Treatment Units (ETUs) will function as usual without any interruption.
All GMOA doctors will engage in emergency treatment.All children’s, maternity, cancer, kidney and army hospitals in the country including the Kidney Treatment Units will not strike, he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy