Construction work of the National Nephrology Hospital in Polonnaruwa, which is a gift from China, will commence today under the patronage of President Maithripala Sirisena.
This new hospital is being built as the largest kidney hospital in South Asia, at a cost of Rs. 1.2 billion, fulfilling a long term aspiration of the President to provide services to kidney patients.
The hospital would be a great asset and a gift to the people of Sri Lanka, not only for the people living in the North Central Province but also in other areas.
The hospital project includes state-of-the-art equipment and all necessary facilities for kidney patients.
The hospitals consist of 200 bed ward complex, OPD with 100 dialysis machines and six modern operation theatres.
The hospital will also house a 200-seat auditorium and a car park which has 300 parking slots and residential facilities for hospital staff.
The project is expected to be completed within 24 months and is expected to start functioning from July 2020.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- A Lack of Sleep Triggers Viral Loneliness
- Modi Says India will Send Manned Flight into Space By 2022
- Experts: Hail Damage Worse, but Climate Role Uncertain
- Manikarnika The Queen of Jhansi’s first poster sees a fiery Kangana Ranaut charging at the enemy
- Madonna at 60: The Queen of Pop in seven charts