The European Union has expressed support to educate the voters and engaged in the monitoring of elections at the upcoming Parliamentary elections. It is planned under the broad cooperation existing between Sri Lanka and the European Union for the strengthening of democracy and good governance.
The support for the general election is being pledged under an agreement inked by the Embassy of the European Union and Transparency International Sri Lanka. As a prime objective of the project which will be operative for 18 months, necessary instructions will be given to the Tamil people in the Western Province and the estate sector to register as voters.
The guidance of civil organizations and community organizations are solicited in this respect. The Ambassador of the European Union said that they are dedicated to granting support for the conduct of an election with transparency.
Latest from CCP User
- Army rejects UN charges against Lt. Col. Amunupure; but says comply written requests
- DIG Nalaka Silva to appear before CID for third time today
- Elections should be held when they are due, not delayed: German Ambassador
- Four ministers with RAW links will be exposed: Amaraweera
- Inmates launch protest at Agunukolapelessa Prison