The Court of Appeal has further extended the stay order issued against the circular imposing a ban on full-face helmets.
The Police imposed a rule prohibiting the use of full face helmets by motor cyclists. A group of motorcyclists filed a case in the Appeals Court against this rule. Thereafter the Court issued a stay order on the enforcement of this law.
The Appeals Court extended the stay order until September 02nd, when the petition filed against the circular, was taken up for hearing yesterday.
Latest from CCP User
- Army rejects UN charges against Lt. Col. Amunupure; but says comply written requests
- DIG Nalaka Silva to appear before CID for third time today
- Elections should be held when they are due, not delayed: German Ambassador
- Four ministers with RAW links will be exposed: Amaraweera
- Inmates launch protest at Agunukolapelessa Prison