The United States (US) yesterday (29) issued a security alert for its citizens, who are in Sri Lanka, after taking into consideration the current political developments in the country.
In a statement, the US Embassy in Colombo advised US citizens of an increased likelihood of political turmoil, civil unrest, and demonstrations as a result of the President’s decision to dismiss the Prime Minister and suspend Parliament.
The Embassy asked US citizens to avoid the areas of the demonstrations, exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests, monitor local media for updates, be aware of surroundings and keep a low profile.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance