Senior State Counsel (SSC) Lakmini Girihagama yesterday (24), informed Mount Lavinia Additional Magistrate Lochana Abeywickrema that two officers of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) has taken wing to Melbourne, Australia with the intention of recording a statement from Journalist Keith Noyahr over the case where the latter was alleged to have been abducted and assaulted.
SSC Girihagama made this statement when the said case was taken up for hearing at the MTL Chief Magistrate’s Court.
SSC Girihagama told Additional Magistrate Abeywickrema that Officer-In-Charge of the Joint Crimes Division of the CID, Inspector Nishantha Silva and its Sub Inspector Tissera had left the country for this purpose.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Health Care Was the Number One Issue in the Election: Here’s What That Means for Our Future Well-Being
- FCC Launches First US High-Band 5G Spectrum Auction
- Experts Target Missing Link in Contraception: Men
- 'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh tie the knot in Italy