The Monetary Board, with the concurrence of the Hon. Minister of Finance, has promoted Assistant Governors, Mr. S R Attygalle and Mr. H A Karunaratne to the post of Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) with effect from 31st October 2018. Mr. S R Attygalle
Mr. S R Attygalle has over 27 years of service in the Central Bank and prior to the appointment as a Deputy Governor, Mr. Attygalle held the position of Assistant Governor of the CBSL and has been released to the Ministry of Finance to serve as the Deputy Secretary to the Treasury. Mr. Attygalle has been appointed as the Secretary to the Treasury and the Ministry of Finance with effect from 31st October, 2018.
Mr. H A Karunaratne has over 32 years of experience in the Central Bank especially in the areas of Economic and Price Stability, Financial System Stability and other Agency Functions carried out by the Central Bank. Prior to the appointment as a Deputy Governor, Mr. Karunaratne held the position of the Assistant Governor in-charge of Employees' Provident Fund, Risk Management, and Secretariat Departments; and supervised the administrative matters of the Financial Intelligence Unit. In addition, Mr. Karunaratne served as the Secretary to the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka for nearly four years.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance