Petta is young filmmaker Karthik Subbaraj’s maiden directorial venture with Rajinikanth. He has been shooting the film at a breakneck speed in various parts of the country. After shooting some portions in Lucknow, the film crew has moved to Varanasi for a month-long schedule. According to reports, director-actor Sasikumar shot for his cameo role during the Varanasi schedule.
Petta has a sprawling star cast handpicked from the Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam film industries. Actors Simran, Trisha, Malavika Mohanan, Megha Akash and Bobby Simha will be seen sharing the screen space with Tamil Superstar Rajinikanth. Bollywood’s seasoned actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui will make his debut in Tamil with Petta. Vijay Sethupathi will also be seen in an important role. Composer Anirudh Ravichander is scoring the music for the upcoming film.
The industry buzz is that the filmmakers are aiming to release the film for Pongal in January next year. The rumors also have it that Rajinikanth has given his nod to star in director AR Murugadoss’ next film. An official confirmation, however, is awaited.
Rajinikanth, meanwhile, is waiting for his mega-budget sci-fi film 2.0, which is set to hit the screens on November 29.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship